Were you aware that during the month of November the American Diabetes Association (ADA) sponsors “American Diabetes Month?” They use this month to raise awareness about diabetes risk factors and encourage the nearly 30 million American who have diabetes to make healthy changes. They also suggest that there is a “Two-Way Street” between the effects of your diabetes and the overall level of your oral health.
“Emerging research also suggests that the relationship between serious gum disease and diabetes is two-way. Not only are people with diabetes more susceptible to serious gum disease, but serious gum disease may have the potential to affect blood glucose control and contribute to the progression of diabetes.”
At ConfiDENT, we’d like to remind you to take steps toward optimal dental health if you suffer from diabetes. We are here for you to help you as you navigate your disease and strive to live a healthy overall lifestyle, including your dental health. Here are a few steps you can take to maintain your dental health and diabetes.
- Maintain good daily oral care routines. Brush two minutes, two times per day and floss one time per day.
- Stop Smoking. You can read about this and other ways to stay healthy by the Center for Disease Control.
- Book your regular cleanings and checkups at ConfiDent every 6 months. The Surgeon General’s Report on Oral Health states that “good oral health is integral to general health. So be sure to…see your dentist for regular checkups.”
Our dental professionals are caring and experienced in treating patients with all sorts of health issues, including diabetes. Let this month be a reminder to all our patients with diabetes to book their regular cleaning and checkup with us. We look forward to seeing you in our office soon!
Posted on behalf of
11550 Webb Bridge Way, Suite 1
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Phone: (770) 772-0994
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed