ConfiDENT offers you an excellent option to replace your missing teeth. Dental implants are changing people’s lives by offering a long-term solution to the problem of missing teeth. They look and act like your natural teeth and will offer you more stability than a bridge or a removable dental prosthesis. These are just a few of the long-term benefits you will experience after your implants are in place, however there are some important things for you to keep in mind directly after your implants are placed. Taking careful steps to care for your implants will allow you to enjoy the optimal benefits that they have to offer.
Caring for Your Implant After Surgery
- You will not be able to smoke or drink alcohol for several days after the surgery. Both of these will prevent, stall and even jeopardize your healing process.
- Do a gentle salt-water rinse 3-4 times daily for two weeks after surgery. Combine 1⁄2 teaspoon with 6 ounces of warm water. Gently hold the water at the side of your mouth and tilt your head side to side to allow the water to flow. Avoid harsh swishing. Open your mouth afterward and allow the water to freely exit and to avoid a forceful spit.
- Take medications as prescribed by our ConfiDENT doctors to help with pain and assist in preventing infections.
- Some swelling is expected. Use an ice pack applied to the side of your face for 15 minutes on and 15 minutes off.
- It’s ok to eat soft, cold foods after your surgery. Ask our ConfiDENT doctors when it is ok to begin introducing warmer foods that require chewing.
If you’re ready to replace your missing teeth, contact ConfiDENT. Our dental team will use the most modern treatment procedures, such as dental implants, to give you the confident and brilliant smile that you deserve!
Posted on behalf of ConfiDENT
11550 Webb Bridge Way, Suite 1
Alpharetta, GA, 30005
Phone: (770) 772-0994