Periodontal disease is the leading cause of tooth loss and affects approximately 50% or more of adults over 30. When the disease progresses, it causes damage to the gum tissue and bone surrounding the teeth. Laser-Assisted New Attachment Procedure, or LANAP®, is one of the most successful and cutting-edge therapies to fight periodontal disease. At ConfiDENT, we utilize the latest technology to perform our LANAP, including the PerioLase® MVP-7™ laser.
Advanced Periodontal Technology
The PerioLase MVP-7 is the first digital laser to be FDA-approved for the treatment of periodontal disease. While there are other laser devices used for laser gum procedures, this is the only digital laser that has gained FDA approval and is the 7th generation of the PerioLase line. This device has advanced features that make it a better choice for dentists and their patients, offering a more efficient and comfortable experience. Some of the benefits of LANAP using the PerioLase MVP-7 include:
- Short and long pulse width for use on different types of oral tissue
- Improved safety features to protect the patient
- No incisions or sutures necessary to remove diseased gum tissues
- Precision laser energy delivery
- Maximum 7-pulsed durations for complete treatment
- Removes diseased tissue and bacteria from between the teeth and healthy gum tissue
- Stimulates tissue and bone regeneration
- Minimal discomfort and a quicker recovery time
The use of PerioLase MVP-7 for LANAP has changed the dynamics for our patients with gum disease. For many, the LANAP treatment can stop the progression of periodontitis and tooth loss while reducing the risks of serious health conditions linked to gum disease. The LANAP can usually be completed in about two treatments of about two hours each using the PerioLase MVP-7, with two follow-up visits to monitor progress.
If you have periodontal disease, effective treatment is the best investment you can make in your oral and overall health. LANAP with our PerioLase MVP-7 at ConfiDENT Dental can give you the advantage of taking charge of your health while protecting your smile. Contact us at our office in Alpharetta, GA, to schedule a periodontal treatment consultation.