You may have a personality that is unique as they come, but there is one thing we do know about you that is the same as everyone else – you only get one set of permanent teeth during your lifetime. Taking care of your teeth is an essential part of your overall health. Many people do not know that their teeth are living features, thus making them surprised at how easily they can become damaged and infected. Every single tooth inside your mouth has its own “lifeline” that connects it to the blood supply of the body. When bacteria and decay attack a tooth, the tooth can become severely infected and die. Root canals are procedures done to save a damaged tooth so that it can remain inside your mouth.
For many years, learning that you needed a root canal was akin to learning that you needed an amputation. It was a dreaded procedure that was to be avoided at all costs – even if those costs were detrimental. You see, an infected tooth is incredibly painful. Many people who have experienced an infected tooth have said that it is the most painful experience of their lives. What you need to know about root canals is that today’s root canals are not painful! They are specific procedures that alleviate your pain.
Root canals follow four simple steps:
- The damaged tooth is fully opened.
- Any damage or infection inside the tooth is removed. The roots of the tooth will also be removed.
- Antibiotics will be administered to the tooth to prevent infection from spreading to neighboring teeth or the gum line.
- The tooth will then be filled and sealed to protect it from future damage.
The entire procedure for a root canal is done under pain management that is specific to your needs. At ConfiDENT, we are committed to helping our patients achieve a healthy smile, and we will go the extra mile to make sure you are well taken care of. If you are suffering from any type of pain or discomfort in a tooth, please call our office immediately. Putting off a visit to the dentist can cause irreversible damage and lead to more invasive dental work.
Posted on behalf of
11550 Webb Bridge Way, Suite 1
Alpharetta, GA 30005
Phone: (770) 772-0994
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed